Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The "P" Word



Mountains are lovely.  The peaks and valleys are awe inspiring, but to anyone that has ever tried to lose weight, the worst part of a mountain is the "Plateau".  It is nauseating and no one wants it and everyone has dealt with it.  I used to manage a weight loss center, so I said it a million times to clients.  "You are still doing a great job, your body just can't keep losing weight at this pace.  And you will find that your body settles in to familiar weights (like, where you were right before you were pregnant, or for the five years before you put on another twenty pounds...etc).  It is just a plateau. Drink more water.  Eat a light dinner and lower calorie foods.  Increase your fiber intake."  

I know it.  I preached it.  It doesn't make me hate it any less.  I got depressed and stopped blogging, but I stuck with the plan and took my own advice.  And truly, 10 pounds in 12 days was super impressive!!!  Nothing to complain about.  But still, I wanted more.  And finally!  Finally- after spending over a week camped out on this unhappy, joy sucking, anger inducing plateau, I am down another pound.  My 24 Day Challenge is over on Wednesday, and I am more motivated than ever. I went up a girl and came down a woman!  No, not really, but I sure do feel better and will probably be much nicer to my husband for a least a day (since he doesn't hit plateaus and just keeps losing pound after pound).   

I plan to continue this journey with Advocare.  I want to lose more fat, gain more muscle, and jiggle waaayyyy less this summer at the pool.  I post new pics on Thursday- my first official day off of the Challenge and on my new way of thinking about food permantely.  I will absolutely keep this up and can't wait to see (and share)  my final body fat and measurements!!!  Picture day is coming!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment