Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 2- Motivated!!!

 
 
I woke up this morning like it was Christmas, just like I do every time I think I might have lost weight (due to a new diet, or my lack of eating real food for a day, or somthing generally unhealthy).  I am usually pretty disappointed-  0.25 lbs down or something dumb.  I run to the bathroom, strip as quickly as possible and step on the scale.  The drumroll from National Lampoon's Chirstmas Vacation happens in my head.  No disappointment today folks!!!  Down 3.8 lbs!!!!!!!   Not too shabby.  I do realize that this trend will not continue, however it feels good and I am taking it as a W.

The motivation from this morning's weigh in followed me all day today.  It's amazing what 3 pounds can do for your soul.  I packed up my lunch, snacks and Spark and took it all upstairs so I could work on painting my bathroom and vanity while downstairs a crew was pulling up 500 square feet of tile.  I ate a salad and hard boiled egg in my bedroom.  While that was really weird, it felt good to eat food that was good for me.  Usually in that situation I would have run out to Wendy's or McD's and gotten fatter.  Today skinny won.  I think that's the secret for my success in all of this.  Take it day by day and let skinny win!!!

Tonight I ate at my mom's house, since my stove is in the office.  Chicken and spaghetti squash. Delish!!!  Lucky for me, my whole family is doing this challenge together.  Support at its finest.   

Tomorrow I am locked away in my bedroom again, like a Rapunzel with short, dark hair who can leave whenever she wants.  I'm not expecting another phenomenal weightloss tomorrow,  but it would be a whole lot cooler if it was!!!!  I'll let you know how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment