Saturday, February 23, 2013

Days 5 and 6- My First Weekend


Weekends are rough.  The hubs is home and our schedule is pretty much nonexistant.  We laze around the house, go out for lunch, order in for dinner and I do enjoy my wine on Friday and Saturday nights. 

Things are a little different this weekend!  We did some errand running this morning, but then it was 1pm and we were starving and on the road....what to eat????  Well thank you Qdoba for saving the day!!!!!!  They now serve brown rice.  Holy crap.  It's like they knew I was doing this challenge and heard my prayers.  Granted, I did not get my usual chicken nachos with chips on the side (which is amazing), but I did get a naked chicken burrito with brown rice, lettuce, black beans, pico, and hot salsa.  I ate half and socked the rest away for later, and though I am sure it isn't as healthy as something I could make at home, it hit the spot and I didn't feel like a lethargic failure after I ate it!!

Going to a fast food place and feeling good about what I ate made me realize that this is what I should have been ordering every time I went to Qdoba!  Just because I wasn't on a "diet", I should have eaten healthy- there are always options.  It's kind of a no brainer.  If you are what you eat, then I was a hot mess before I got started with this.  That's probably why I lost so much weight initially.  I am excitedly looking ahead to the future and to making (and ordering) healthier food for me and my family.  I lost another 1/2 pound in these last two days.  I'll take it- 7.5lb total...especially since the first 10 days aren't even for weight loss.  That's what the last 14 days are for!!!

So, I went to redbox and got some movies to watch tonight.  I may put my water in a wine glass just to feel special.  We will go to bed at like 10:30p.  On the plus side, we will wake up early and not feel groggy or slow.  And I will excitedly run to the scale in the morning again (as opposed to avoiding it like the plague after a day of eating nachos and pizza). 

No comments:

Post a Comment